Complete rewrite for CMS Made Simple 2.1 and the new TinyMCE version 4
Please note that the upgrade script will try to keep some of your previous TinyMCE preferences, but will remove some others. You MUST configure the editor profiles right after the upgrade and make some user tests.
Please backup your files and database before upgrading.
What did change?
Everything... we did write that new version from scratch. What you'll find inside:
- Profile management: create as much profiles as you want, and link them to you users groups and/or to frontend users
- Lots of customization options: toolbar, menubar, external modules, custom styles, ...
- Uses the internal page linker from the MicroTiny module.
- Embeds the powerful Responsive File Manager thanks to its author Alberto Peripolli. Note: for security reasons, the Responsive File Manager will not be available to the frontend users
- Customizable appearance by specifying a CSS design to use for the editor.
Hope you'll enjoy it :)
During Alpha / Beta process
We need help to test the module and improve it. Please give us feedback through the CMSMS bug report system (http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/list/12)
During the upgrade process, the module will remove your old TinyMCE options/configurations. Please keep a backup if you need to check your old configuration later.
There will be NO SUPPORT for production versions and we will not be responsible of any data loss. Please always do backup your old files before upgrading.